Rich received his master’s in counseling in 2005 and started practicing in Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor. He supervised a treatment unit at Excelsior Youth Center in Aurora, CO, which was an all-girls residential treatment center for kids between the ages of 11 and 20 with severe emotional and behavioral problems. He graduated from Argosy University with a doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision. His dissertation research was Coping Styles and Secondary Traumatic Stress in Direct Care Staff Working in Residential Treatment Centers. Rich’s research was published in the Journal of Therapeutic Schools and Programs in 2016.
In Iowa, Richard is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. He is also a Nationally Certified Counselor by the National Board of Certified Counselors. He is an Approved Clinical Supervisor by the Center for Credentialing and Education
Rich is Core Faculty for Walden University online, which is a CACREP accredited program based out of Minneapolis MN. He’s also taught for Argosy University in Denver, CO and the University of Phoenix, Lone Tree Colorado Campus.
- American Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association of Iowa
- Association for Children and Adolescent Counselors
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Counselors for Social Justice
- American Rehabilitation Counselors Association
Boards and Committees:
- President-Elect: American Counseling Association of Iowa
- Advocacy Committee – Association of Children and Adolescent Counselors
- Reviewer for the Journal of Child and Adolescent Counselors